- Table View
- List View
It's Valentine's Day and the 10 little neighbors in this book are busy making Valentines for their closest friends.A dinosaur card, thinks little Pete,My pal Max would find really neat.Will everyone get a Valentine at the big Valentine's Day party? You can count on it!With its fun counting element, bouncy text, and adorable illustrations, this book is the perfect gift for young lovebugs.From the Hardcover edition.
"MY SCHOOL STARTS in one week so--I have SEVEN DAYS to go. Mom says be patient, do not worry. But I can't wait! I'm in a hurry!"In this delightful book a little girl counts off the days by naming what she'll do in kindergarten. "I'll be ready, I'll be smart. I will get a running start. I'll say thank you, I'll say please. I will say my ABCs!" And deciding what to wear and what to take are all part of her preparation for that exciting first day. With bouncy read-aloud rhyme, bright, fun illustrations, and hidden objects to find on each page, Kindergarten Countdown gets children off on the right foot.From the Hardcover edition.
Ready, Set, Grow! Young girls before the onset of puberty have a curiosity about their soon-to-be changing bodies that needs addressing in a simpler way than for their older sisters. In Madaras's proven, trust-worthy, friendly voice and style, this entirely new book now brings them the same kind of thoughtful, down-toearth information-but at a reading and comprehension level that's just right for them. Responding throughout to reallife questions and observations from younger girls, Madaras explores the changes that are happening, or about to happen, to them, including: the development of breasts, body hair, and body fat; the changes in their reproductive organs, both inside and out; their first period and all the complex feelings surrounding it; the unwelcome appearance of acne and new body odors; and, perhaps most important, how to respect and celebrate their unique bodies, even when the outside world is not always so accepting. Lively cartoon drawings throughout make the book not only helpful, but fun to read, too.
This picture book about the first day of school, featuring a frog, a duck, a mouse, and a snail, combines a story in rhyme with colorful graphic rebuses, making it a fun book for parent and child to share in the reading. Children about to enter kindergarten or first grade who long to be able to read will get a sense of accomplishment by "reading" the little rebus pictures in the story. Judy Sierra, author of Wild About Books, uses bouncy rhyme and rhythm as cues for the child to name the pictogram rebuses. Preschoolers will enjoy following the animals and their teacher, Tom Burkey (who is a turkey), through a happy first day of school.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.