- Table View
- List View
Academics, researchers, and trainers of early years practitioners provide a UK and Australian perspective on professionalism of the early years workforce. Many of the chapters openly contest policy reforms and public discourses in the field. The book begins with an overview of the growth of professionalism in the field over the last decade, then identifies some emerging themes, which are raised in subsequent chapters. The first part of the book is concerned with developing professional identities, with discussion of leaders and managers as change agents, networked leadership, and results of a 30-year research project following workers. The second part of the book reflects the emergence of new ways of thinking about professionalism; some areas examined are micro and macro level influences that shape professional identities, and the lack of men in the field. A final chapter re-examines the importance of the emotional aspects of working with young children and their families. Learning features include chapter overviews, summaries, discussion questions, and annotated lists of further reading and websites. Miller and Cable are affiliated with The Open University Annotation ©2011 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.