- Table View
- List View
Be afraid, be very afraid of Terrifying Tales, the sixth volume in the Guys Read Library of Great Reading. Eleven masters of suspense--Kelly Barnhill, Michael Buckley, Adam Gidwitz, Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown, Claire Legrand, Nikki Loftin, Daniel José Older, Dav Pilkey, R.L. Stine, and Rita Williams-Garcia--have come together to bring you a bone-chilling collection of original ghost stories with illustrations by Gris Grimly, perfect for sharing around the campfire, reading under the covers with a flashlight, and scaring your friends' pants off. Compiled and edited by kid-lit madman Jon Scieszka, Guys Read: Terrifying Tales is a creepy-fun read (if you're brave enough, that is).
Bring a radiant dimension to your home, garden and gifts with the unique, versatile and quirky qualities of wire and metal20 tempting projects range from pretty cards and glowing lanterns to fluttering butterfly wind chimes, an irresistibly sweet mirror frame and a decadent beaded chandelierCreative craft techniques such as embossing, beading and decoupage combine with simple wirework and metalworkStylish, detailed photography offers essential support and invaluable inspiration
Bring a radiant dimension to your home, garden and gifts with the unique, versatile and quirky qualities of wire and metal 20 tempting projects range from pretty cards and glowing lanterns to fluttering butterfly wind chimes, an irresistibly sweet mirror frame and a decadent beaded chandelier Creative craft techniques such as embossing, beading and decoupage combine with simple wirework and metalwork Stylish, detailed photography offers essential support and invaluable inspiration
Deep within this maze of stone, a creature wakes up, all alone . . . Mummy Cat prowls his pyramid home, longing for his beloved owner. As he roams the tomb, lavish murals above his head display scenes of the cat with his young Egyptian queen, creating a story-within-a-story about the events of centuries past. Hidden hieroglyphs deepen the tale and are explained in an informative author's note. Marcus Ewert and Lisa Brown's smart, beautiful book is a marvel of sophisticated simplicity, infinitely engaging to examine in detail, and complete with a sweetly surprising plot twist sure to delight young cat-lovers and budding Egyptologists alike.
A ghost will find his way home. Jennie Lovell's life is the very picture of love and loss. First she is orphaned and forced to live at the mercy of her stingy, indifferent relatives. Then her fianc falls on the battlefield, leaving her heartbroken and alone. Jennie struggles to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, but is haunted by a mysterious figure that refuses to let her bury the past. When Jennie forms an unlikely alliance with a spirit photographer, she begins to uncover secrets about the man she thought she loved. With her sanity on edge and her life in the balance, can Jennie expose the chilling truth before someone-or something-stops her?Against the brutal, vivid backdrop of the American Civil War, Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown have created a spellbinding mystery where the living cannot always be trusted and death is not always the end. Praise for Picture the Dead"A tour de force, a remarkable feat of visual and verbal storytelling, as playful as it is serious, as haunting as it is delightful. "-Michael Chabon, Pulitzer Prize -winning novelist"Love story, mystery, ghost story. . . Picture theDead is a gripping, gorgeously graphic novel about a girl who risks everything. . . Jennie's voice and the pictures she shows us bring this swift, wonderfully chilling story to life. "-Kit Reed, author of The Night Children"I loved Picture the Dead. Eerie, romantic, moody, and immersive. A beautifully illustrated gothic delight!"-Holly Black, New YorkTimes bestselling author of Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.