- Table View
- List View
Artists who dream of turning their passion into a career need only the expert guidance in Art, Inc. Lisa Congdon unveils the multiplicity of ways to make a living from art--including illustration, licensing, fine art sales, print sales, and teaching-- and offers practical advice on cultivating a business mindset, selling and promoting work, and more. Trade secrets from art world pros including such luminaries as Paula Scher, Nikki McClure, and Mark Hearld make Art, Inc. the ultimate resource for aspiring artists ready for success.
A treasure trove of inspiring quotations in the tradition of the bestselling Whatever You Are, Be a Good One, this new ebook from beloved author and artist Lisa Congdon gathers rousing wisdom from history's great minds on how to be bold, stay strong, and take courage. Congdon lends her signature style of brilliant hand lettering to sage advice on such subjects as perseverance ("If you fell down yesterday, stand up today"--H.G. Wells), authenticity ("What should I be but just what I am?"--Edna St. Vincent Millay), and confronting fear ("Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"--James Baldwin). Filled with uplifting reminders to seize the day, Fortune Favors the Brave demonstrates that when embarking on a new adventure, the right words of encouragement can be a priceless gift.
From Lisa Congdon, bestselling author of Whatever You Are, Be a Good One, this lovely new book invites readers to dip into the many joys of swimming. Congdon brings her personal passion as a lifelong swimmer to this beautiful and thoughtful celebration of getting in the water. Hand-lettered inspirational quotes, watercolor portraits paired with real people's personal stories, illustrated collections of vintage objects--colorful swim caps, bathing suits through the ages, traditional pool signs--and much more evoke the beauty and inspiration of the subject. An emphasis on swimming as a way of life--taking the leap, going with the flow--makes this delightful volume one that will speak to serious swimmers, vacation paddlers, and anyone pondering their next high dive.
First published in 1914, Gertrude Stein's revolutionary poetic work Tender Buttons is a must-read for every serious lover of literature. Delighting in the rhythm of words, its first section, "Objects," runs playful linguistic circles around teacups, ribbons, umbrellas, and other quotidian artifacts. Presented here in an exquisite small package, this new edition of "Objects" pairs Stein's avant-garde verse with colorful contemporary illustrations by indie art star Lisa Congdon, who illuminates and interrogates the classic Cubist text with visuals as capricious as Stein's own prose. A celebration of independent thinking old and new, this captivating marriage of image and text is a treasure of arts and letters.
A quote book like no other, this thought-provoking collection compiles the timeless wisdom of great original minds-- from Marie Curie to Stephen King, Joan of Arc to Jack Kerouac, Oscar Wilde to Harriet Tubman--brilliantly hand-lettered by beloved indie artist Lisa Congdon. Readers will find enlightening insights ("Wisdom begins in wonder"-- Socrates), stirring calls to action ("Leap and the net will appear"--John Burroughs), and stimulating encouragements ("Be curious, not judgmental"--Walt Whitman) beautifully illuminated on every page. A delightful reminder to get out there and make the most of life, Whatever You Are, Be a Good One is perfect for recent graduates, creative thinkers, and anyone looking for a little inspiration.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.