- Table View
- List View
From the book: * Scientists observed one female badger in Minnesota that had 50 burrows in her territory. In summer, she never slept in the same burrow two days in a row. * River otters can run at speeds of up to 18 miles (29 kilometers) per hour. * Sea otters have the thickest fur of all animals. They have about 650,000 hairs per square inch (6.45 square centimeters) The human scalp may have only about 100,000 hairs. * The markings on the faces of skunks and badgers are not there to make them look cute. They probably serve as a warning to other animals that they may get squirted by smelly musk if they do not stay away. * Female sea otters sometimes adopt orphaned pups and raise them as their own. (Other types of animals, such as rabbits and foxes, make their homes in badger setts (or in parts of setts that are not at that time being used by badgers).
Introduces cockatiels in a question and answer format.
The book covers the care of tarantulas, as well as their history, other kinds in the wild and how to care for a pet tarantula.
Questions and Answers discuss a variety of wading birds including the stork, the egrett, and the Ibis.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.