- Table View
- List View
With an unprecedented array of media and digital tools at their disposal, today's artists are faced with unlimited possibilities for creative experimentation. Never before has there been such innovation in the way art can be conceptualized, produced and presented. Art Revolution is on the cutting-edge, exploring how artists are reinterpreting, reinventing and redefining everything from the surfaces on which they work to the way viewers interact with their finished pieces. This book ventures off the beaten path to track the creative directions and signature styles of twenty-one of today's most visionary artists, including Dave McKean, David Mack, Marshall Arisman and Cynthia von Buhler. Brilliantly illustrated with inventive examples of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, digital and new media art, Art Revolution will inspire you to break out of the confines of traditional thinking, push your content to a higher level, and revolutionize your personal approach to art.
With page after page of stimulating possibilities, this book guides you on an uncompromising journey to visually dynamic, conceptually provocative, utterly original art. Embrace the spirit of creative play, break out of your comfort zone, and take your art to a whole new level. In her follow-up To The popular Art Revolution, Lisa L. Cyr delves deeper into an inspiring range of two and three-dimensional mixed-media techniques. Discover fresh, alternative ways to apply and manipulate painting media, transform surfaces, and create distinctive, message-driven work. Inside you'll find: A wide array of unconventional tools, materials and processes that help artists blaze their own unique and creative paths 12 step-by-step demonstrations highlighting specific experimental techniques, including freeform painting, making custom tools, and building dimension into a surface with inlaid boxes 3 feature demonstrations showing mixed-media processes at play in the creation of original artworks, from concept to completion A chapter on creative self-promotion revealing the latest marketing and presentation strategies For The working artist
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.