- Table View
- List View
With an unprecedented array of media and digital tools at their disposal, today's artists are faced with unlimited possibilities for creative experimentation. Never before has there been such innovation in the way art can be conceptualized, produced and presented. Art Revolution is on the cutting-edge, exploring how artists are reinterpreting, reinventing and redefining everything from the surfaces on which they work to the way viewers interact with their finished pieces. This book ventures off the beaten path to track the creative directions and signature styles of twenty-one of today's most visionary artists, including Dave McKean, David Mack, Marshall Arisman and Cynthia von Buhler. Brilliantly illustrated with inventive examples of two-dimensional, three-dimensional, digital and new media art, Art Revolution will inspire you to break out of the confines of traditional thinking, push your content to a higher level, and revolutionize your personal approach to art.
With page after page of stimulating possibilities, this book guides you on an uncompromising journey to visually dynamic, conceptually provocative, utterly original art. Embrace the spirit of creative play, break out of your comfort zone, and take your art to a whole new level. In her follow-up To The popular Art Revolution, Lisa L. Cyr delves deeper into an inspiring range of two and three-dimensional mixed-media techniques. Discover fresh, alternative ways to apply and manipulate painting media, transform surfaces, and create distinctive, message-driven work. Inside you'll find: A wide array of unconventional tools, materials and processes that help artists blaze their own unique and creative paths 12 step-by-step demonstrations highlighting specific experimental techniques, including freeform painting, making custom tools, and building dimension into a surface with inlaid boxes 3 feature demonstrations showing mixed-media processes at play in the creation of original artworks, from concept to completion A chapter on creative self-promotion revealing the latest marketing and presentation strategies For The working artist
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.