- Table View
- List View
Psychosocial Care of Children in Hospitals: A Clinical Practice Manual from the ACCH Child Life Research Projectby Laura Gaynard John Wolfer Joy Goldberger Richard H. Thompson Lisa Redburn Lesley Laidley
This manual describes the organization and development of a research-based child life program that was implemented at Phoenix Children's Hospital from 1985 to 1987, and it details the principles, guidelines, protocols, and practices that shaped the program. Although it has been written primarily for child life administrators, clinicians, educators, researchers, and students, it is also of value to health professionals from many other disciplines. The integration of theory and practice, the clinical detail, and the inclusion of specific examples are designed to help a//readers understand and learn from the ACCH Child Life Research Project's successful approach to psychosocial care of hospitalized children and their families.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.