- Table View
- List View
Information is power--and when you or a loved one is faced with a cancer diagnosis, the need for accurate and trusted medical information becomes urgent. The Definitive Guide to Cancer, now in its third edition, encourages you to take an integrative approach that embraces both alternative and conventional therapies across the spectrum of cancer prevention, treatment, and healing. Naturopathic physician Lise N. Alschuler and medical journalist Karolyn A. Gazella present an overview of what cancer is, its causes and preventative strategies, an in-depth approach to integrative treatment options, descriptions of key body functions, and discussions of more than twenty specific cancers. This comprehensive guide delivers informed hope along with effective tools for reclaiming your vitality in the midst of cancer treatment, healing, and recovery. From the Trade Paperback edition.
A companion to The Definitive Guide to Cancer, this practical and fully revised guide (formerly titled Five to Thrive) outlines a five-step plan integrating both conventional and alternative therapies for cancer survivors. There are more than 13 million cancer survivors in the United States who, although they have finished treatment, often live in fear of recurrence. The Definitive Guide to Thriving After Cancercombats that fear by teaching readers not just how to survive, but how to thrive after cancer. The authors' integrative health plan, Five to Thrive, combines both natural and conventional healing methods to support and enhance five critical pathways to better health: immune, inflammation, insulin resistance, hormones, and digestion/detoxification. While other health plans may focus on one or two of these functions, this book is the only program that emphasizes a comprehensive approach needed for optimal health and recurrence prevention.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.