- Table View
- List View
"A man for all the people, A man who stood up tall, Abe Lincoln spoke of justice And liberty for all." This book includes brief quotes from several speeches, and a nice reference section. Need a book for a book report? This could be it! Other books by this author are available in this library.
The wisdom of peace and the absurdity of fighting are demonstrated in seventeen stories and poems by outstanding authors of today such as Jean Fritz, Milton Meltzer, and Nancy Willard.
Some of the poems included in this book are: Walking Big Bow, Buying A Puppy, Lost, Newborn Puppy, My Dog, and The Dollar Dog. There is humor, sadness, joy, adventure--a delightful collection. Other books by Myra Cohn Livingston are available in this library.
Especially commissioned original poems by Felice Holman, William Jay Smith, X. J. Kennedy, Joan Aiken, John Ciardi, and other contemporary poets, as well as traditional favorites, comprise this stunning anthology. From "lopeared and silky" rabbits to the "three crosses on cold Golgotha Hill," Mrs. Livingston's choices reflect the many moods of Easter. John Wallner's fitting illustrations capture both the joy and solemnity of the holiday. Descriptions of illustrations have been included.
Poems celebrating fourteen festivals observed around the world including Chinese New Year, Kwanzaa, Purim, and Tet-Nguyen-dan.
"When she sang Deep River, One teacher wondered why A tall, calm girl at twilight Should make him want to cry." (The teacher was Arturo Toscanini.) Other books by this American poet are available in this library.
William Shakespeare, Carl sandburg, Langston Hughes, Walter de la Mare, Vachel Lindsay, and William Butler Yeats are just a few of the authors featured in this book. The Lamb, Carol of the Brown Man, Calico Pie, and The Yak are just a few of the poems to be enjoyed.
In English and Spanish, this book presents a picture of life in the town of Moguer, in Andalusia, Spain, as seen through the eyes of a wandering poet and his faithful donkey.
Big sisters, little sisters, big brothers,little brothers, brothers who bring home oranges, sisters who have blisters . . . Here are nineteen humorous and serious poems-some of them commissioned from Julia Cunningham, Emanuel di Pasquale and other contemporary poets- about siblings of all kinds.
Some of the poems were written for this collection, others are from well-known sources of poetry--Navajo and Osage writings, The King James version of the Holy Bible. There are poems poking fun at people who stuff themselves, and poems singing praises to God. Other selections by this American poet are available in this library.
"Roses are Red," "To-morrow Is Saint Valentine's Day," "Going Steady," "An Angry Valentine," "I Sow Hempseed," "My Love Is Like A Cabbage," "Plenty of Love," and others. From the serious to the silly, this is a fun selection of poetry. Other books by Myra Cohn Livingston are available in this library.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.