- Table View
- List View
A celebration of the amazing human machine and a life on the move! Your amazing body can jump, sprint, twist, and twirl. Your body is built to move. Lizzy Rockwell explains how your bones and muscles, heart and lungs, nerves and brain all work together to keep you on the go. Kids walk and skate and tumble through these pages with such exuberance that even sprouting couch potatoes will want to get up and bounce around--and that's the ultimate goal. Studies show that American kids are becoming more sedentary and more overweight and that they carry these tendencies with them into adolescence and adulthood. Experts agree that we need to help kids make physical activity a life-long habit. Through education, information, and encouragement, this book aims to inspire a new generation of busy bodies!
CHRIS, COSBY, AND their dog Foster are going trick-or-treating. But the big kids tell them not to go up to the house on Haunted Hill. "It's haunted!" they say. But when Foster chases a cat up that very hill, Chris and Cosby are forced to follow! What will they find in the spooky old house on Haunted Hill?
Good Enough to Eat is one of a kind: the only guide to kids' nutrition written especially for kids. A practical, hands-on tool for families who want to eat a healthy diet, this book explains nutrition from carrots to cookies. <P> In this book, you will learn <P> - all about the nutrient groups--carbohydrates, protein, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals <P> - each nutrient's function <P> - which foods contain which nutrients <P> - how much of each nutrient a kid needs each day <P> - how the body digests food <P> - all about calories <P> Good Enough to Eat includes kid-friendly recipes such as Alphabread and Full o' Beans Soup, and even shows kids how to test their food for fat. Perfect for parents, educators, librarians, and doctors trying to explain healthy eating to kids!
A small boy feels the baby kick inside his mother's tummy, hears the baby's heartbeat during a visit to the doctor, and finally gets to say hello in person after the baby is born.Narrating the story himself, the boy shares what fascinates him: how the baby grows inside the womb, unpacking his old baby clothes, and hearing about the day he was born. When the baby arrives home at last, the boy tells how she eats and sleeps and cries, and how it takes a mother, a father, and a new big brother to make this baby feel at home.Told in simple words and charming pictures, this book lets children know just what to expect when Mom's expecting.From the Hardcover edition.
ANGELINA LOVES PIZZA. So much so that when she hears that there is a Leaning Tower of Pisa, and mistakenly thinks it's made of pizzas, she is so distressed that she must go see it for herself!
IZAK LOVES REINDEER. Which is good, since he comes from a family of reindeer herders and even has a pet reindeer, named Totti! It is up to Izak to teach his little brother all about responsibility.
MIKALE LIVES IN OAHU--one of the beautiful Hawaiian islands, surrounded by water. He also happens to be afraid of the ocean! Luckily, his uncle and a little pet fish teach Mikale something about having confidence in your abilities.
A TALL GIRL who is afraid of heights? When Renée Marie's class takes a trip to the Eiffel Tower, she would much rather stay with her feet on the ground than go up to the top!
Learn about birds and how they build their families.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.