- Table View
- List View
The authors have developed a program that meets the needs of middle grades students, promotes science inquiry, and is aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
This is a children's textbook on cells and heredity. It covers cell composition, structure and functions. In addition it explains genetics and heredity. The student is also provided with lab practical and field tests for better understanding.
This book contains chapters on Introduction to Matter, Solids, Liquids, and Gases, Elements and the Periodic Table and Exploring Materials. Interdisciplinary Exploration Gold--The Noble Metal, Reference Section, Skills Handbook and Activities and Labs are additional features.
This book contains chapters on Atoms and Bonding, Chemical Reactions, Acids, Bases, and Solutions and Carbon Chemistry. Reference Section, Skills Handbook, Activities and Lab Zone are additional features of this book.
The book contains chapters on Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Minerals, Rocks, Gold, etc. Reference Section Skills Handbook Inquiry Activities Sharpen your Skills and Skills Lab are additional features of this book.
Middle school textbook focusing on life science.
Physical science is one type of science. Science is a way of learning about the natural world by gathering information. Science includes all of the knowledge gained by exploring nature. To think and work like a scientist, you need to use the same skills that they do. Scientists use the skills of observing, inferring, and predicting to learn more about the natural world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.