- Table View
- List View
The authors have developed a program that meets the needs of middle grades students, promotes science inquiry, and is aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
This is a children's textbook on cells and heredity. It covers cell composition, structure and functions. In addition it explains genetics and heredity. The student is also provided with lab practical and field tests for better understanding.
This book contains chapters on Introduction to Matter, Solids, Liquids, and Gases, Elements and the Periodic Table and Exploring Materials. Interdisciplinary Exploration Gold--The Noble Metal, Reference Section, Skills Handbook and Activities and Labs are additional features.
This book contains chapters on Atoms and Bonding, Chemical Reactions, Acids, Bases, and Solutions and Carbon Chemistry. Reference Section, Skills Handbook, Activities and Lab Zone are additional features of this book.
The book contains chapters on Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Minerals, Rocks, Gold, etc. Reference Section Skills Handbook Inquiry Activities Sharpen your Skills and Skills Lab are additional features of this book.
Middle school textbook focusing on life science.
Physical science is one type of science. Science is a way of learning about the natural world by gathering information. Science includes all of the knowledge gained by exploring nature. To think and work like a scientist, you need to use the same skills that they do. Scientists use the skills of observing, inferring, and predicting to learn more about the natural world.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.