- Table View
- List View
Anthropology as a discipline is rapidly becoming more quantitative, and anthropology students are now required to develop sophisticated statistical skills. This book provides students of anthropology with a clear, step-by-step guide to univariate statistical methods, demystifying the aspects that are often seen as difficult or impenetrable. Explaining the central role of statistical methods in anthropology and using only anthropological examples, the book provides a solid footing in statistical techniques. Beginning with basic descriptive statistics, this new edition also covers more advanced methods such as analyses of frequencies and variance, simple and multiple regression analysis with dummy and continuous variables. It addresses commonly encountered problems such as small samples and non-normality. Each statistical technique is accompanied by clearly worked examples and the chapters end with practice problem sets. Many of the datasets are available for download at www.cambridge.org/9780521147088.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.