- Table View
- List View
Anthropology as a discipline is rapidly becoming more quantitative, and anthropology students are now required to develop sophisticated statistical skills. This book provides students of anthropology with a clear, step-by-step guide to univariate statistical methods, demystifying the aspects that are often seen as difficult or impenetrable. Explaining the central role of statistical methods in anthropology and using only anthropological examples, the book provides a solid footing in statistical techniques. Beginning with basic descriptive statistics, this new edition also covers more advanced methods such as analyses of frequencies and variance, simple and multiple regression analysis with dummy and continuous variables. It addresses commonly encountered problems such as small samples and non-normality. Each statistical technique is accompanied by clearly worked examples and the chapters end with practice problem sets. Many of the datasets are available for download at www.cambridge.org/9780521147088.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.