- Table View
- List View
Irresistible, easy dishes that will help readers cultivate healthy bodies. Half of Americans take dietary supplements, with little proof that they do anything to protect their health. What has been proven: the healing power of nutrients in food. In "101 Recipes You Can't Live Without," readers will learn how to get everything they need from their plates--deliciously and without overdoing it on calories. People who want to feel better, lose weight, and stay healthy for years to come can't rely on pills: they need to know how to eat smarter. Prevention has identified the best sources of 13 essential nutrients for a healthy body--the ones research shows have the most disease-fighting potential--and created 101 flavor-packed dishes loaded with them. The secret is combining superfoods. From hearty breakfasts to mouthwatering desserts, readers can rest easy knowing that every bite they take is maximizing their health and satisfying their taste buds. Along the way, they will discover easy food swaps and strategies to help them make the most nutritious choices at every meal. Let's face it, no one has ever said "isn't this vitamin pill delicious?" or bonded with friends and family over a packet of antioxidant supplements.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.