- Table View
- List View
O for a Thousand Nights to Sleep: An Eye-Opening Guide to the Wonder-Filled Months of Baby's First Yearby Lorilee Craker
Designed to fuel the new mommy's body, mind, and spirit, this indispensable, eye-opening guide to baby's first year provides can't-miss help from veteran moms. A new mother will have a few good laughs and get the scoop on her life as a walking zombie, how to get more sleep, breast-feeding 101 (and no-guilt bottle-feeding), and much more.
Equal Parts Saintly Cherub and Demanding Emperor- Who Is This Child Formerly Known As Your Baby? Faster than a speeding bullet...Is it Superman? Nope, just your high-energy toddler, keeping life interesting-and mom on the run! Once, you dreamed of the day your precious baby would walk and talk. Now, you are constantly dragging your child out of the dog's dish, making up answers to unanswerable questions ("Why, Mom, why?"), and engaging in power struggles with the world's most adorable 25-pound dictator. Do other mothers of toddlers have days like this? You bet your sweet potty chair they do! Here are veteran moms' stories and from-the-trenches advice on what works when dealing with the often challenging, always entertaining one- and two-year-old crowd, including: * What to do when your tot glues himself to your leg for no apparent reason (other than to yell) * Toys to boost your toddler's brilliance-including freebies she'll love most of all * Taking the "toil" out of toilet training (itisrocket science, no matter what your mother-in-law says) * Tantrum-tamers you can use from the mall to your mother's house * Getting your toddler to eat more orange and green (gummy worms don't count) * Ping pong prayers and other ways to connect Junior to God Here at last is the help you've been longing for: a hilarious but practical bimonthly guide to surviving, enjoying-and laughing your way through-the exhausting, crazy-busy, glorious toddler years.
The autobiography of Lynne Spears, singer Britney Spears' mother
Because 18 Years Is a Long Time to WaitIn a recent poll taken by Parents magazine, 87 percent of moms admitted they don't make love as often as they did before having kids, while one-third confessed their love life has taken a "major nosedive." Experts say a whopping majority of moms suffer from low libido, and many of the reasons aren't biological. So how can you get your mojo back and start to love making love again? Get the scoop on these and other extremely hot-and often hilarious-topics, including:* Timing that works for everyone (we're not talking the next decade)* Keeping the ankle biters in their beds when you desperately need them out of yours * Why you need to make the effort (if not for your marriage, at least for your sanity)* Reclaiming your sexual self (she's not gone forever, but is probably sleeping every chance she gets)Lorilee Craker explores the factors that put a dent in your "lust life" and offers plenty of fun ideas for stoking the home fires again. Don't miss Lorilee's own "Tales from the Love Shack," dish from other real-life moms, and insights from professionals to help you get in touch with your inner "Red Hot Mama." Who knew that rediscovering romance, passion, and closeness with your husband was possible-or could be so much fun?From the Trade Paperback edition.
"This is your brain...This is your brain on progesterone!" Have the hormones of pregnancy pushed you slightly over the edge? Here's permission to give in and have a few belly laughs as a mother of two and a panel of experienced moms revel in the humorous side of pregnancy. This warm and funny month-by-month guide contains serious wisdom for pregnant moms looking to have a joyful pregnancy. Reassuring and helpful for both body and soul, Lorilee and her Pregnant Pals address the whole mother-as only good friends can-with sidebars, checklists, quotables, and down-to-earth help such as: ·Tips on conquering nausea, narcolepsy, and general nuttiness ·How to panic-proof your pregnancy ·Good food and good exercise for great pregnant bods ·Chic, no-tents-allowed fashion tips ·Survival strategies for labor day Serving up spiritual encouragement for the whole nine months, this is the essential pregnancy book for Christian moms!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.