- Table View
- List View
Tried diet after diet and still can't lose weight? It's time to call the expert. InThe Skinny, Dr. Louis Aronne, America's top weight-loss specialist, shares the plan that has worked so well for his many patients. Through his friendly guidance, you'll finally learn how to: stop the weight-loss, weight-gain cycle learn the strategy for feeling full with fewer calories teach your brain to stop craving food learn to put down your fork and automatically push away from the table--without counting a single calorie learn what common medications and medical conditions can make you gain weight lose the weight--even if nothing else has worked Dr. Louis Aronne is the expert whom doctors refer their toughest cases to. For more than twenty years he's worked on the front lines of obesity research and treatment. The founder and director of the Comprehensive Weight Control Program at New York-Presbyterian Hospital /Weill Cornell Medical Center, he has helped thousands of people achieve lasting weight loss. InThe Skinny, Dr. Aronne shows you how to fix your internal biology by adjusting your eating and activity one step at a time. Including comprehensive menus, restaurant options for every type of food, a do-it-at-home strength plan and exercise plans, more than fifty low-calorie, high-satisfaction recipes, and extensive advice that helps you put the plan into practice, this is the only book you'll need to learn how to defeat your hunger and cravings, and make the changes to your biochemistry that will keep the weight off for good. Are you tired of yo-yo dieting? Tired of the pain and discomfort of being overweight? Do you finally want to feel good about the body you're in? Is long-term weight loss as important to you as initial short-term loss? Then you're ready to commit toThe Skinny.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.