- Table View
- List View
Learn how to bring big appeal to your knitting using only the tiniest of elements from best-selling author and knitwear designer Louisa Harding. Knitting in the Details explores different sets of embellishment methods through 24 small, quick-to-knit projects, from a beret with ribbon embroidery or a beaded scarf to a simple knitted vest with eyelets or a tank top with applique hearts. Additional variations and design tips highlight the boutique feel of each design, encouraging knitters to add their own personality to create a unique piece of knitwear.Filled with inspiring project photography from the coast of France, Knitting in the Details evokes romantic femininity, and showcases how a project can be totally transformed by creative and well-placed embellishments.
Learn to pamper friends and loved ones with lavish and fun knitted gifts. Projects are broken down into four different categories by style and include hats, mittens, purses, wraps, tops, sweaters, and socks - all of which are simple to make and require minimal yarn. Tips are provided for embellishing each project with different fabrics, edgings, and stitching patterns, making personalization easy, even for novices. Beautiful photographs and color illustrations detailing how to create each piece, as well as contemporary designs and small, quick projects make this guide a must-have for the gift-giving knitter.
This inspired collection of patterns for mother and baby includes designs with a simple flare and an elegant, modern feel for use with organically grown, undyed yarns. The projects are designed for beginning to average knitters so that essential baby accessories such as booties, mittens, hats, and simple knitted toys are quickly completed and instantly cherished. A cot blanket is an example of a group project designed to be made in one evening, and slightly more ambitious designs include an adorable dress, a chunky jacket, or a kimono sweater for a baby and wonderful, cozy items for mothers such as an unusual "bump" sweater for pregnant women, nursing sweaters that are convenient and stylish, and herb-scented pillows that delight the eye and soothe the spirit.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.