- Table View
- List View
She saw his eyes first. They were like banked fires burnt almost to embers, hot and crimson and searing. The eyes smiled at her, laughed at her, and the full, sensual mouth below the hook of a nose smiled too. Ygorla didn't shrink back. She remained motionless, knowing with a blend of instinct and learning what manner of creature this was.
For centuries the Tower of Regrets stood alone upon the plain, and no man or woman dared turn their face to it, for fear of the curse that lay within. And so ii might have remained--but for the recklessness of a king's foolish daughter . . . Her title was the Princess Anghara Kaligsdaughter; but now she has forfeited the right to her name and heritage. For she broke the one law that had endured since her people's history began when she breached that ancient tower in a bid to learn its secret. Now its curse is loosed upon the world, and upon the soul of Anghara Kaligsdaughter. Anghara is Anghara no longer. Her name now is Indigo, color of mourning--and her home is the wide world, for she has no other. She cannot die, she cannot age, for until she lifts the Tower's curse, she is doomed to immortality. She has one friend, who is not human. And she has one enemy that will dog her footsteps wherever she goes. It is Nemesis, created from the darkest part of her own soul. Wherever her wander'. lead her now, her Nemesis shall follow . . .
The seven gods of Order had ruled unchallenged for centuries, served by the adepts of the Circle in their bleak northern castle on the Star Peninsula. But for Tarod--the most enigmatic and formidable sorcerer in Circle's ranks--a darker affinity had begun to call. Threatening his beliefs, even his sanity, it rose unbidden from beyond time; an ancient and deadly adversary that could plunge the world into madness and chaos--and whose power might rival that of the gods themselves. And though Tarod's mind and heart were pledged to Order, his soul was another matter...
In this final volume of the Time Master trilogy, Tarod must decide whether to follow the force of Order or Chaos.
Anghara is daughter to a king. In all the world there is but one thing denied her -- the secret of the Tower. Tormented, she must seek its truth. And her discovery will remake the world.
The Outcast waits in a Castle outside of Time, his soul imprisoned in an ancient jewel. Spawn of Darkness, Adept of Chaos, he dreams of vengeance on the Lords of Light.
KILLING WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION One push, Ghysla thought again; then as quickly thrust the dreadful idea away. There was another answer. There had to be. Then it came to her. Something that would salve her conscience--but still allow her to go through with her scheme. She could not kill Sivorne, yet keeping her a living prisoner seemed equally impossible. But there was a middle way, a way that lay between life and death, and to one who remembered the old magics from the time before the humans came, that way was still open. Sivorne wouldn't be harmed; indeed, she'd have no knowledge of her fate, for she would be in a sleep that could endure without hurt for centuries if need be. Ghysla smiled. She would take Sivorne away to her cave in the peaks by Kelda's Horns, and there she would lay the sleep upon her. The old sleep. The great sleep. The Sleep of Stone.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.