- Table View
- List View
First published in 2006, this book has become the standard reference on nano-optics. Now in its second edition, the text has been thoroughly updated to take into account new developments and research directions. While the overall structure and pedagogical style of the book remain unchanged, all existing chapters have been expanded and a new chapter has been added. Adopting a broad perspective, the authors provide a detailed overview of the theoretical and experimental concepts that are needed to understand and work in nano-optics, across subfields ranging from quantum optics to biophysics. New topics of discussion include: optical antennas; new imaging techniques; Fano interference and strong coupling; reciprocity; metamaterials; and cavity optomechanics. With numerous end-of-chapter problem sets and illustrative material to expand on ideas discussed in the main text, this is an ideal textbook for graduate students entering the field. It is also a valuable reference for researchers and course teachers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.