- Table View
- List View
Ida Mae McAuley wonders if her occupation and marital status will forever be defined by the same word: spinster. Cyrus Morgan has proposed more than once, but is her gratitude for his kindness since her parents' tragic deaths reason enough to accept? Seven years ago Olin Orr's temper cost another man his life. Now an accomplished tinsmith, Olin returns to Charlotte to rent McAuley's vacant smithy, knowing he must also face the past. When the lovely Ida Mae begins receiving threats, demanding she get rid of her tenant, Olin fears coming home was a mistake. But is the perpetrator trying to get rid of Olin? Or is Ida Mae the real target?
HOLLY GRAHAM'S WORLD IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN ...by her mother's deathbed confession. Fortunately, there's one constant in Holly's life: her best friend, Bryce Jarvis. His strong arms are there to comfort her. And his honey-brown eyes see her as more than the little girl he grew up with.... Bryce has waited for years to court Holly. But when his chance finally comes, Holly faces questions about her very identity. She isn't sure about anything anymore-even how she feels about Bryce. Can he make her understand that the pure love right in front of her is true and sure?
A Currier and Ives Christmas: Four Stories of Love Come to Life from the Canvas of Classic Christmas Artby Lynn A. Coleman Joann A. Grote Diann Mills Deborah Raney
The artistry of renowned lithographers Currier & Ives captures the beauty and nostalgia of simpler days and Christmases past. Yet, while a picture may be worth a thousand words, there are times when even the best illustrations leave viewers with a yearning to know more. Inspired by the classic American art of Currier & Ives, these seasonal love stories delve deep inside the artists' portrayals to imagine and illustrate the untold tales behind each wintry scene. Look beyond the art to discover the heartwarming stories of holiday love of yesteryear in A Currier & Ives Christmas.
Urias must save his sister...Even if it means marrying the daughter of the man who holds his sister's bond. But something doesn't add up in Uria's mind when it comes to his new wife, Prudence. Her father's desperation for money and secretive business dealings raise questions no one can answer.
The tears fell and streamed down her face. "In your father's eyes, I will always be a servant. Think about how your family has treated servants in the past. We were possessions, cattle. We were not people with our own thoughts and desires. You're a part of that. You've treated your servants like that too-even me." "You were never. . ." He let his words trail off. She was right. He had treated her like a servant. He had ordered her about the way he did all the others. Until he fell in love with her. "I can't accept that it's not possible for us to marry, Katherine. I admit there will be hardship at times, but God is the Lord of our lives. He'll help us." "Perhaps. But Hiram Greene will always stand in the way," she said with a boldness he'd never heard from her. Shelton's heart pounded. How could this be, after all this time of being patient, gently coaxing her like a skittish mare? "I love you, Katherine. Nothing should stand in opposition to that. Except God. And I believe He brought us together." "I'm sorry, Shelton. I just can't." He wanted to argue, but what would that accomplish? Instead, he gave her a passionate kiss. "If you ever change your mind, you know how to find me." With all the strength he could muster, he left. God, he prayed as he climbed up on Kehoe, move in Katherine Chinni's heart. There's nothing more I can do.
Strangers in town don't usually concern Randi Blake, but when she greets a newcomer by dumping Lobster Bisque all over him not once, but twice - she finds he's not that easy to forget. But Randi has no interest in romance, so she can't understand the extreme reactions she has to his presence. Jordan Lamont jumps at the opportunity to work with famed photographer Dena Russell Kearns. He moves into town, planning only to build his career and technical expertise. He doesn't expect the intense attraction to a prickly waitress who acts more terrified than interested in him. As Jordan and Randi are drawn together, strange things begin happening in town. When the FBI takes Jordan in for questioning, Randi is convinced she has misplaced her trust again. Can Jordan convince her he's innocent? Will Randi listen, or will she end up in danger as well?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.