Essentials of Biology is an introductory biology text for non-major students that combines Dr. Sylvia Mader's superb and accessible writing style with clear visuals, a comprehensive learning system, and abundant applications and relevancy. Essentials of Biology explains the principles of biology clearly and illustrates them in a captivating, easy-to-understand manner. It emphasizes the relevance of biology to students' lives within a framework of biodiversity and is organized around the major concepts of biology--cells theory, gene theory, evolution, the theory of homeostasis, and ecosystems. The integration of text and the digital world are now complete with the addition of Dr. Michael's Windelspecht's expertise in the development of digital learning assets. Dr Windelspecht has acted is the leading architect in the design of the Mader media content for McGraw-Hill's Connect Plus and Learn Smart.Connect Plus suite of learning tools. These assets will allow you to easily design interactive tutorial materials, enhance presentations in both the online and traditional environments, and assess the learning objectives and outcomes of your course.
This comprehensive introduction to Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy lays out the background and fundamentals of the approach covering theory and practice. Gendlin, after many articles on Focusing-oriented psychotherapy, finally published the text Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy in 1996, making these ideas more widely available to the world. With contributions from some of the world's most influential contemporary Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapists and a foreword by Gendlin, this book provides a long overdue survey of this growing field. It explores how Focusing has been integrated with other theoretical orientations such as attachment theory, solution focused therapy, relational psychoanalysis, and existential therapy. Contemporary issues in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy are also covered, such as its suitability across cultures, and how it relates to the latest findings in the field of neuroscience. The book is essential reading for all practicing therapists and counselors, as well as trainee therapists, particularly those who want to explore the potential of experiential dimensions in their therapy and coaching practice. Jessica Kingsley Publishers also publishes a companion volume, Emerging Practice in Focusing-Oriented Psychotherapy: Innovative Theory and Applications, edited by Greg Madison .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.