- Table View
- List View
Police Specialist Sonora Blair of the Cincinnatti Homicide Division is a awakened in the middle of the night with an urgent summons to take a deathbed statement. The victim can hardly speak, but Sonora's questions elicit one key detail: the psycho who committed this gruesome crime is a woman. Sonora is committed to finding this killer before she strikes again - no matter what the cost to her private life or the politics of her career. When the murderer begins to call Sonora - taunting, mocking, trying to lure her into a twisted woman-to-woman complicity - the tension of this deadly cat-and-mouse game climbs to an unbearable pitch. And Sonora realizes that her peace of mind, her job, and even her family are in deadly jeopardy. But she refuses to stop, until the killer is cornered and the victim can finally rest in peace.
Lena Padgett was a mild-mannered grad student in a quiet Kentucky town until her sister was brutally murdered, and everything changed. Over the seven years that the killer has been in prison, Lena has honed her anger to a razor's edge, working as a private eye for women too scared to help themselves. But with her sister's killer out of jail-- and high on the twisted beliefs of the religious cult that raised him-- Lena is suddenly her own most desperate client. Lena could give any of the tough chicks in mystery fiction-- and not a few of the guys-- a run for their money. While she may not carry a gun, she packs a lethal baseball bat. But on this go-round, she'll need every weapon she can muster to avoid becoming another lamb to the slaughter.
Private investigator Lena Padget has been approached by a single mother with a stunning tale to tell. Emma Marsden, still grieving over the death of her infant son from an inexplicable illness, has been dealt another devastating blow. Her pediatrician, Theodore Tumdridge, has accused Emma of poisoning her son in a psychotic bid for attention. Emma wants to counter his charges by accusing Tundridge of keeping a shocking chamber of horrors in his pathology lab - all the more frightening because it is entirely legal. Lena agrees to take on Emma's case and uncovers other suspicious deaths under the doctor's care. But when a secretly taped video incriminates Emma in the most intimate of ways -and Emma's teenage daughter disappears -even Lena isn't prepared for where the truth will take her.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.