- Table View
- List View
Police Specialist Sonora Blair of the Cincinnatti Homicide Division is a awakened in the middle of the night with an urgent summons to take a deathbed statement. The victim can hardly speak, but Sonora's questions elicit one key detail: the psycho who committed this gruesome crime is a woman. Sonora is committed to finding this killer before she strikes again - no matter what the cost to her private life or the politics of her career. When the murderer begins to call Sonora - taunting, mocking, trying to lure her into a twisted woman-to-woman complicity - the tension of this deadly cat-and-mouse game climbs to an unbearable pitch. And Sonora realizes that her peace of mind, her job, and even her family are in deadly jeopardy. But she refuses to stop, until the killer is cornered and the victim can finally rest in peace.
Lena Padgett was a mild-mannered grad student in a quiet Kentucky town until her sister was brutally murdered, and everything changed. Over the seven years that the killer has been in prison, Lena has honed her anger to a razor's edge, working as a private eye for women too scared to help themselves. But with her sister's killer out of jail-- and high on the twisted beliefs of the religious cult that raised him-- Lena is suddenly her own most desperate client. Lena could give any of the tough chicks in mystery fiction-- and not a few of the guys-- a run for their money. While she may not carry a gun, she packs a lethal baseball bat. But on this go-round, she'll need every weapon she can muster to avoid becoming another lamb to the slaughter.
Private investigator Lena Padget has been approached by a single mother with a stunning tale to tell. Emma Marsden, still grieving over the death of her infant son from an inexplicable illness, has been dealt another devastating blow. Her pediatrician, Theodore Tumdridge, has accused Emma of poisoning her son in a psychotic bid for attention. Emma wants to counter his charges by accusing Tundridge of keeping a shocking chamber of horrors in his pathology lab - all the more frightening because it is entirely legal. Lena agrees to take on Emma's case and uncovers other suspicious deaths under the doctor's care. But when a secretly taped video incriminates Emma in the most intimate of ways -and Emma's teenage daughter disappears -even Lena isn't prepared for where the truth will take her.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.