- Table View
- List View
There has been a recent focus on how practitioners can engage with continuing professional learning and development. This book is written to support and help busy social workers in front line practice, as well as those in leadership and management roles, to achieve the key aims of continuing professional development (CPD) in a post-qualifying social work context. There are sections on how to engage with CPD at an appropriate level, understanding complex thinking and practices and developing professional reasoning and judgement that can be appropriately recognised and evaluated.
Critical thinking as a process can appear formal and academic, and far-removed from the everyday practitioner experience. This new edition enables post-qualifying students to develop their analytical skills in line with their everyday experiences. By placing emphasis on professional judgement, communication and critical reflection, the book challenges the view that theory and critical awareness are the preserve of the classroom. This edition is fully-updated to include guidance for social workers following the Munro Review.
Critical thinking as a process can appear formal and academic and far-removed from everyday practitioner experience. This second edition of enables post-qualifying students to develop their analytical skills in line with their everyday experiences. By placing emphasis on writing, communication and critical reflection, this book challenges the view that theory and critical awareness are the preserve of the classroom and instead gives the reader the confidence to better enhance their social work skills.
This book is a complete guide to the new Practice Education Framework that comes into effect in Autumn 2010. It enables practitioners to meet the new standards and aims to help practice educators develop their own and other's critical practice. The book will support an individual through their personal journey, focusing on their perspective, and taking an open, analytical, and considered approach to the issues of practice education (in particular those associated with qualifying students and newly qualified staff).
In today's performance driven environment, maintaining service quality in social work is more important than ever. This book will help social work leaders and managers to understand the role that personal and organisational learning plays in the provision of services that are effective and responsive to the needs of service users, carers and the communities. Recent national policy drivers such as the Munro Review into Child Protection (2011) and the recommendations of the Social Work Reform Board (2010) have strengthened the need to embed and enable learning within the workplace. This book is part of a Leadership and Management series which enables managers to understand this need, and respond in a timely and effective way.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.