- Table View
- List View
Critical thinking as a process can appear formal and academic and far-removed from everyday practitioner experience. This second edition of enables post-qualifying students to develop their analytical skills in line with their everyday experiences. By placing emphasis on writing, communication and critical reflection, this book challenges the view that theory and critical awareness are the preserve of the classroom and instead gives the reader the confidence to better enhance their social work skills.
This book is a complete guide to the new Practice Education Framework that comes into effect in Autumn 2010. It enables practitioners to meet the new standards and aims to help practice educators develop their own and other's critical practice. The book will support an individual through their personal journey, focusing on their perspective, and taking an open, analytical, and considered approach to the issues of practice education (in particular those associated with qualifying students and newly qualified staff).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.