- Table View
- List View
English spelling, punctuation, and grammatical terms, (e.g., "stop" for our "period") are deliberately retained in this U.S. edition, as the publisher states in his Note. Chapters on present and former use of the comma, apostrophe, colon, semicolon, dash, ellipses, other punctuation marks presented with humor. You'll laugh and be entertained as well as edified. People who read by listening will have a problem because the words will sound the same whether they are spelled nd punctuated correctly or not, e.g., d o n apostrophe t or d o n t. You may need to have punctuation spoken, at least for the chapter on the apostrophe, or have someone read to you and explain.
Talk to the Hand: The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Doorby Lynne Truss
This British author of the New York Times #1 bestselling "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" writes a quietly satirical book about the loss of etiquette in today's society. Note British spellings and punctuation. Section breaks are noted by "! # * !" to represent swearing. There are many references to the "Eff" word without actually ever using it in full. There are several British slang swear words. Truss defines today's loss of manners as coming from the loss of verbal courtesies, respect and consideration for others, the lack of self-accountability. She blames the Internet, parents, the loss of customer service and automated telephone entry programs, and many other factors.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.