- Table View
- List View
The serious cook is always delighted to hear the words ''superb" and "delicious" or even an occasional "bravo," but the ultimate compliment received at any table is a question: "May I have a copy of your recipe?" Whether it's Cream-Filled Crêpes Flamed in Cointreau or Grilled Knockwursts with Honey Mustard, if your audience likes the dish well enough to ask for the recipe, then it's a success. Fearless Cooking for Company includes ten years' worth of Michele Evans' "most requested" recipes, more than 300 of them, and they are truly special. Most are her own, but there are also contributions from family, friends, and chefs in restaurants around the world who have generously shared their secrets. The recipes offer a wide range of choices for every course and every taste, from instant dishes made from fresh and some prepared foods to elaborate presentations that require time and totally fresh ingredients. There are special sections on cooking for crowds, with recipes and menus that serve 12 or 24 people any time of the year. All entrées in the book are accompanied by menu suggestions, and some basic recipes are included to remind the reader of important techniques, procedures, and timing. Organization is as important to the home cook as it is to the chef in the largest restaurant kitchen, and it is one of the critical keys to good cooking and elegant, anxiety-free entertaining. A chapter called Mise en Place--putting everything in its place--suggests ways of organizing the preparation of a recipe in the most efficient manner possible.Whether you entertain every night of the week or cook only when the mood strikes you, the recipes in Fearless Cooking for Company will become part of your own treasured collection--recipes that you will be asked for again and again and that you will pass on to others with pleasure.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.