- Table View
- List View
The serious cook is always delighted to hear the words ''superb" and "delicious" or even an occasional "bravo," but the ultimate compliment received at any table is a question: "May I have a copy of your recipe?" Whether it's Cream-Filled Crêpes Flamed in Cointreau or Grilled Knockwursts with Honey Mustard, if your audience likes the dish well enough to ask for the recipe, then it's a success. Fearless Cooking for Company includes ten years' worth of Michele Evans' "most requested" recipes, more than 300 of them, and they are truly special. Most are her own, but there are also contributions from family, friends, and chefs in restaurants around the world who have generously shared their secrets. The recipes offer a wide range of choices for every course and every taste, from instant dishes made from fresh and some prepared foods to elaborate presentations that require time and totally fresh ingredients. There are special sections on cooking for crowds, with recipes and menus that serve 12 or 24 people any time of the year. All entrées in the book are accompanied by menu suggestions, and some basic recipes are included to remind the reader of important techniques, procedures, and timing. Organization is as important to the home cook as it is to the chef in the largest restaurant kitchen, and it is one of the critical keys to good cooking and elegant, anxiety-free entertaining. A chapter called Mise en Place--putting everything in its place--suggests ways of organizing the preparation of a recipe in the most efficient manner possible.Whether you entertain every night of the week or cook only when the mood strikes you, the recipes in Fearless Cooking for Company will become part of your own treasured collection--recipes that you will be asked for again and again and that you will pass on to others with pleasure.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.