- Table View
- List View
How to balance the demands of work and personal life. Apply the tools and techniques in this book to meet contemporary time challenges and balance the demands of work and personal life. Now packed with exercises and application tools, this up-to-the-minute revision of the classic gives you proven time management strategies to increase your productivity and your efficiency. Youï¿½ll discover how to use effective systems for setting and achieving your goals and reducing on-the-job stress. You will learn how to: ï¿½ Conduct a personal time audit ï¿½ Conquer time wasters, including pitfalls of e-mail, cell phones, and the Internet ï¿½ Delegate appropriately and effectively ï¿½ Set SMART goals and establish priorities ï¿½ Uncover the time you need for planning, supervising, and decision making ï¿½ Manage information overload and avoid ï¿½wired stressï¿½ ï¿½ Schedule and conduct well-run meetings that focus on effective actions and goals ï¿½ Maximize the returns on your telephone, travel, and meeting times ï¿½ Use team time more productively ï¿½ Set up and implement a Time Management Plan ï¿½ Make changes that will reduce stress and add balance to your life
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.