- Table View
- List View
Few people would argue against the beauty and appeal of gemstone jewelry, but some jewelry makers find themselves intimidated by the thought of working with these precious stones. With Wrapped in Gems, even inexperienced jewelry makers can learn to fashion their own beautiful gemstone creations using Mai Sato-Flores's preferred techniques of wire wrapping and working with chain. This method allows gems to hang so that light can shine through and show off their natural beauty. For the jewelry maker, inspiration can be found anywhere, but the exquisite beauty of nature is a favorite source. Take a moment to study the leaves of a tree or plant-the contours of a leaf suggest a shape for a pendant, the perfect combination of colors in the leaves and flowers hint at a color palette of precious gemstones to mimic it. The branches and twigs, the patterns of leaf growth, even the shape of the tree or plant itself can inspire ideas for earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings. Wrapped in Gems shows you how to interpret all that you see in nature to create jewelry with wire, chains, and beautiful gemstones. New York City-based jewelry designer Mai Sato-Flores is inspired by nature wherever she goes-be it the supermarket, Central Park, or right outside her door. In Wrapped in Gems, she shares the secrets of her work and the natural elements that inspire it. After demonstrating how gemstones and wire can be used to recreate the patterns and designs of nature, Mai provides instructions for 40 elegant pieces of gemstone jewelry from her own collections.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.