- Table View
- List View
The Indian Ocean region is arguably one of the world's least understood, yet its importance in geopolitics and international relations is greater than ever before. This book explores the concepts of regime theory, regional orders and ocean governance to critically assess the effectiveness of maritime regimes, something that not been attempted before for the Indian Ocean Region. This study employs the theoretical framework of international regimes in the context of ocean governance by developing a new model, which is used to test the regimes' effectiveness. This book addresses the analytical gap in our understanding about the strategic importance of the Indian Ocean as a region in contemporary world geopolitics and international relations. Case studies display the groundwork for regional cooperation in the maritime realm laid by Indian Ocean countries, and the effectiveness of current political leadership is addressed. There is considerable value in looking at the Indian Ocean as a region for future analysis of maritime regimes, and this book proposes that international maritime regimes can expand regional cooperation in the Indian Ocean to create a new geopolitical region. The interdisciplinary approach presented draws on historical analysis, international maritime law, political science, international relations and the literature on regime theory and will be of interest to academics in those fields as well as policy-makers concerned with maritime issues.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.