- Table View
- List View
Discontinuous dynamical systems have played an important role in both theory and applications during the last several decades. This is still an area of active research and techniques to make the applications more effective are an ongoing topic of interest. Principles of Discontinuous Dynamical Systems is devoted to the theory of differential equations with variable moments of impulses. It introduces a new strategy of implementing an equivalence to systems whose solutions have prescribed moments of impulses and utilizing special topologies in spaces of piecewise continuous functions. The achievements obtained on the basis of this approach are described in this book. The text progresses systematically, by covering preliminaries in the first four chapters. This is followed by more complex material and special topics such as Hopf bifurcation, Devaney's chaos, and the shadowing property are discussed in the last two chapters. This book is suitable for researchers and graduate students in mathematics and also in diverse areas such as biology, computer science, and engineering who deal with real world problems.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.