- Table View
- List View
Who can resists the lure of chocolate? In this rich new cookbook, America's No 1 expert, award-winning pastry chef Marcel Desaulniers, offers the biggest and best collection of chocolate desserts available - dozens of incredible treats of every variety, from cakes to cookies and puddings pops to pies. Going beyond ordinary desserts, Celebrate with Chocolate includes such decadent delights as Truffle Tart, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies, Chocolate Grasshopper Ice Cream Sandwich, Cocoa Roll, Chocolate Brioche French Toast, and more. With expert instructions and an informative section on equipment, ingredients and techniques, Celebrate with Chocolate is a chocoholic's dream come true - the ultimate must-have cookbook for every aficionado's shelf.
In this scrumptious collection, revered chef Marcel Desaulniers serves up some of his most sinful, most seductive chocolate creations ever. An astonishing array of chocolate lovers from the "guru of ganache".
No one knows chocolate like Marcel Desaulniers, whose bestselling, James Beard Award-winning Death by Chocolate and IACP Award-winning Desserts to Die For have made his name synonymous with luscious chocolate desserts. Now, with I'm Dreaming of a Chocolate Christmas, Desaulniers has created the ultimate holiday baking book for chocolate lovers everywhere. The chocolate treats and desserts you'll find inside are guaranteed to draw oohs and ahhs from your family and friends, and many are also straightforward to make-which means you'll have time to enjoy Christmas, too! If you've ever dreamed of an all-chocolate Christmas, this book can make your dream come true. Desaulniers gives you seventy-two seductive recipes for every holiday occasion-delectable gifts, tempting treat platters, dreamy breakfast nibbles, and, of course, lots of decadent desserts. Delight your faraway friends and family with treatsthat are perfect for shipping-nearly twenty inall, including Chocolate Fruitycakes, Chocolate Gingerbread Snowflakes, and Chocolate ButtonsUp ButterShots Bundt Cake. Put a smile on thekids' faces with tasty bites like Cranberry Choco-late Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Christmas Breakfast Chocolate Sour Cream Crumb Cake, and Choco-late Drop Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches. And indulge the grown-ups with sinful desserts such as Chocolate Mint Bourbon Cr+me Br l_e, White Chocolate Banana Walnut Christmas Log, and Chocolate Hazelnut Elagantes. Desaulniers and his elves tested all of the recipes in a home kitchen using ordinary equipment and supermarket ingredients to make sure that each one is foolproof. So whether you've been naughty or nice, you can tackle any of these recipes with confidence. Many are easy to prepare, and all are beautiful to behold and oh-so-delicious to eat. To make sure each sweet treat comes out just so, Desaulniers also provides "Chef's Touch" notes that detail techniques, variations, storage tips, and serving suggestions. With forty-eight enticing full-color photos, advice on equipment, and a chapter on packing and shipping holiday treats, I'm Dreaming of a Chocolate Christmas is sure to become an indispensable holiday companion.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.