- Table View
- List View
What are the five regions of Ohio? How do people make their living along the Ohio River? You can find the answers to these questions in All Around Ohio: Regions and Resources. This book contains many fascinating facts and figures about the diverse regions of Ohio, as well as each of their natural and artificial resources. You will also learn how these valuable resources directly affect the state's economy.
Ohio is called "The Mother of Presidents" for the eight United States Presidents born there and 23 astronauts - the most of any state - are from Ohio. These and more amazing facts are revealed in B is for Buckeye.
The author and the illustrator, who collaborated on the popular alphabet book B is for Buckeye, have teamed up again for Cardinal Numbers, the companion counting book for the great state of Ohio. This colorful and richly informative pictorial teaches children about numbers and math concepts by using people, places, and things specific to Ohio as examples. As the elementary age students begin to grasp these concepts, they learn more and more about their state in the process. Cardinal Numbers is a wonderful tool for educators, and along with B is for Buckeye, has become supplemental reading for every elementary-school classroom in Ohio.
An A to Z introduction to modern inventions such as computers, microwave, umbrella, zipper, and many more. Each invention is introduced with a poem and includes detailed-filled expository text.
This book presents a chronological history of the state's major physical, social, and political growth and changes.
This book contains all kinds of interesting facts about the first people who lived in Michigan. You will learn about the different Native American tribes that have called Michigan home and the beliefs and practices that make them unique. And, you will find out where the tribes of Michigan are located today.
This books contains all kinds of fun and fascinating facts about the plants and animals of Michigan and the habitats in which they live. You'll find information about where and how Michigan plants and animals live, and how these living things fit into the ecosystem. Plus, you'll find out what actions are being taken to protect Michigan's natural environment.
Why was the Northwest Ordinance important for the Ohio region? What happened at the Battle of Fallen Timbers? How did canals and railroads change Ohio and its importance in the United States? This book contains all kinds of fascinating, historical facts that tell the story of the state of Ohio. You'll find information about the first people of Ohio and the explorers and settlers who came later. You will learn about Ohio's role in the development of the Northwest Territory and its transformation into an industrial powerhouse. Plus, find out which Ohioans shaped the history of the state and nation.
Who were the mound builders? What happened when Europeans arrived in Ohio? Which American Indians live in Ohio today? This book contains all kinds of interesting facts that tell the story of the people who lived in Ohio from 13,000 years ago to the present day. You'll find information about the first native peoples who lived in Ohio, the different Indian tribes that have called Ohio home, and the beliefs and practices that make them unique. You'll also find out which American Indians live in Ohio today.
Where is Ohio can you find 300-year-old oak trees? Which pesticide has endangered the bald eagle in Ohio? What kinds of animals live in Ohio's cities? This books contains all kinds of fun and fascinating facts about the plants and animals of Ohio and the habitats in which they live. You'll find information about where and how Ohio plants and animals live, and how these living things fit into the ecosystem. Plus, you'll find out what actions are being taken to protect Ohio's natural environment.
Who were the first people to live in Michigan? Which residents became famous, and why? This book contains fascinating stories of the many different people who have made Michigan what it is today. You will find information about the first people of Michigan and the settlers who came later. You'll also learn about the different cultural groups found in Michigan.
Which presidents were born in Ohio? How has the population of Ohio changed over the years? You can find the answers to these questions in People of Ohio. This book contains fascinating stories of the many different people who have made Ohio what it is today. You will learn about the different cultural groups found in Ohio. You will find out why Ohio is not only the "Mother of Presidents," but the "Mother of Astronauts" and the "Mother of Inventors," too!
What do the images on Ohio's state seal stand for? How does Ohio's state government work? How many U.S. presidents were born in Ohio? This book contains all kinds of fun and fascinating facts and features that help make Ohio a one-of-a-kind place. You'll find information about Ohio's unique state symbols. You can learn how to make Ohio buckeyes and find out about the country's first professional baseball team, the Cincinnati Red Stockings. Plus, you'll find out how Ohio came to be called the Buckeye State.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.