- Table View
- List View
Essential Pain Pharmacology: The Prescriber's Guide expertly reviews the most important medications used to relieve pain, now considered by many physicians as the fifth vital sign. The catalogue of analgesics has expanded rapidly, and this text presents the most up-to-date, comprehensive array of agents available for prescribing. Each clear and concise drug entry covers the range of indications, advantages and disadvantages, and tips for appropriate dosing and avoiding adverse effects. A separate section covers nutraceuticals, a class of drug increasingly used to manage chronic pain, yet little discussed in medical literature. The detailed description of each medication enables the user to make quick and informed decisions, confident that they are best serving the needs of their patients. Practical 'pearls' for each entry provide a quick go-to reference for the key information to consider before prescribing. This concise user-friendly reference is a must-have on the shelf of every physician.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.