- Table View
- List View
Barney is afraid to tell his foster parents that he has seen a UFO behind the house even when a hasty promise to a space boy leads him into trouble.
When Barney's young friend's dog is taken to Mars, extraterrestrial acquaintance Tibbo helps them try to get it back.
A biography of Benjamin Banneker, a black astronomer and scientist.
Examines the physical characteristics, habits, and natural environment of the endangered Florida panther and what is being done to save it from extinction.
When Laura Eastman comes home from a vacation with relatives in the South, her loyalties are challenged by abolitionist ideals. Her own father and brother are helping runaway slaves escape. Will Laura help them?
A biography of the nineteenth-century naturalist, explorer, and writer who was influential in establishing our national park system.
Minda, one of several latchkey children in her neighborhood, forms a group to look for a intruder who is breaking into empty houses.
A teenage girl discovers that the sinister forces at work on a Maine island center around an old lobsterman.
The tiny Florida Key deer need protection. The little deer of the Florida Keys are found nowhere else in the world. Related to the white-tailed deer, the Key deer is not much larger than a big dog. Today, it is an endangered species. There are no more than a few hundred left. The little deer wander through backyards and front lawns. Reduced speed limits are posted, but many deer get killed by automobiles. It is against the law to feed them. That makes them lose their natural fear of people and cars, and more likely to get killed. The National Key Deer Refuge was established on Big Pine Key in 1957, but more land is needed. People who live on the Keys like the little animals, and efforts are being made to find room for building developments and also enough space for Key deer to thrive.
Traces the lives of four black writers who wrote of the Negro experience in eighteenth-and nineteenth-century America: Jupiter Hammon, George Moses Horton, William Wells Brown, and Charles Waddell Chesnutt.
About Florida's endangered species of black bear.
Introduces the playful manatee and discusses its future and its relationship with humans.
Many tourists visit the Texas Gulf Coast, and Meg and Kathy are sure at least two of them look suspicious. But it is only a game -- until Kathy disappears.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.