- Table View
- List View
If walls could talk, what would they say? Perhaps they would tell us who built them and why. Maybe they could even tell us about people's lives today. In this book walls really do talk, and oh, the stories they tell. Talking Walls: Discover Your World combines and updates two earlier books, Talking Walls (1992) and Talking Walls: The Stories Continue (1996), which have sold 170,000copies. This new edition includes revised text that makes it more accessible to English Language Learners and easier to read aloud.
With a simple message, this book shows how people around the world lovingly care for, cherish, and welcome babies into their families.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.