- Table View
- List View
Diagnostic Pediatric Hematopathology is unique in providing an accurate and up-to-date guide to the diagnosis of benign and malignant hematologic disorders of childhood. The text discusses the development of the hematopoietic and lymphoid systems - and how this affects normal and abnormal findings in children at various ages. Also examined are the morphologic, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic, and molecular genetic characteristics of most pediatric-specific hematologic diseases. This is an excellent reference that ensures accurate diagnoses when evaluating peripheral blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes of children. The text is written by a team of experienced pediatric hematopathologists and clinical scientists drawn from major academic children's hospitals in the United States, Europe, and Canada. It will be a valuable tool in the every day practice of pathologists, pediatric pathologists, and hematopathologists, and a ready educational resource for fellows, pathology residents, medical students, clinical scientists in the field, and pediatric hematologists/oncologists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.