- Table View
- List View
Ancient grains made modern and delicious! Rich in fiber and antioxidants, ancient grains like quinoa, chia, amaranth, and kaniwa are known for their nutritional value. In Cooking with Ancient Grains, you'll discover just how wholesome and tasty these grains are with 75 recipes by award-winning author Maria Baez Kijac. From breakfast and dinner to snacks and desserts, each delicious dish not only provides important nutrients and proteins, but also keeps you feeling full throughout the day. Best of all, you'll never feel trapped in the kitchen with these simple recipes, such as: Palachinkes with Amaranth Flour Dates Stuffed with Gorgonzola, Walnuts, and Kaniwa Quinoa, Black Rice, and Smoked Salmon Salad Mushroom and Watercress Soup with Amaranth Quinoa Macaroni and Broccoli Gratinee Mango Parfait with Chia Seeds Complete with step-by-step instructions and beautiful photographs, Cooking with Ancient Grains will help you harness all of the goodness that quinoa, amaranth, chia, and kaniwa have to offer.
Award-winning collection of 450 authentic recipes from South America.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.