- Table View
- List View
From the Publisher Men and women ARE different . . . and this book from the founder of gender medicine uncovers the neuroscientific reasons behind age-old disputes between men and women, while providing a groundbreaking, authoritative, and reader-friendly guide to resolving these differences. Why won't he ask for directions? Why does she always want to talk about the relationship? Why can't he see that something is bothering her?* But perhaps the biggest questions Why Men Never Remember and Women Never Forget resolves are: Why is it so hard for men and women to understand each other . . . and what can we do about it? According to Dr. Marianne Legato, an internationally recognized expert in gender-specific medicine, male and female brains are chemically and structurally different. And scientists are now finding out how these differences cause us to approach problems and experience the world in such dissimilar ways. So how do we bridge this physiological gap? Dr. Legato provides strategies and tips for learning to "think" like the other sex in order to get past our differences-and offers smart advice for dealing with issues wherever they arise. This trailblazing book will enable readers to understand each other-in both personal and professional relationships-like never before.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.