- Table View
- List View
Moving and uplifting,Christopher's Journey: A Remarkable Young Man's Struggle with Leukemia is a memoir of one family's fight with pediatric leukemia. Through journal entries and narrative, author Maribeth Ditmars shares the journey of her son Christopher from his diagnosis in 1997 at the age of ten to his passing in 2001. During the years of Chris's treatments, the family grapples with medical challenges, spiritual issues, financial concerns, and the emotional impact of a devastating illness upon the Ditmars marriage and Chris's siblings. Christopher's Journey displays Chris's unique sense of humor and his undying faith, qualities that remain intact until the very end, when he leads his family in finding their own faith. Those touched by leukemia or other pediatric cancers will find hope and peace in Christopher's Journey. Chris's unique character and unflappable humor showcase the triumph of the human spirit against unbeatable odds.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.