"P. J. Funnybunny is tired of being a bunny. He is sure it would be more fun to be a bear or a bird, a possum or a pig. But which animal will he finally choose to be? Part of the Cat in the Hat series of Beginning readers. The simplicity of text, illustrations, and concepts makes this a perfect book for very beginning readers. Children will want to read it again and again-and they really can, all by themselves."
Illus. in full color. Camping is not for girls, right? At least, that's what P.J. and his pals tell Donna and Honey Bunny when they want to tag along on a camping trip. But when two mysterious ghosts frighten the boys all the way home, only the girls know the real story.
21st Century #4Meet Zenon Kar. She's your typical elementary school kid, except she lives on a space station in 2049! In book #4, Zenon's teacher, Mr. Peres, leads her fifth-grade class on a very special field trip off of Space Station 9. But when she gets separated from the group, Zenon finds out what it's like to be stuck on Earth! The Zenon books are written and illustrated by the award-winning husband and wife team who created P.J. Funnybunny and Alistair.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Beginning readers can count to ten--and add--while they learn to read with P.J. Funnybunny author Marilyn Sadler's latest, funniest Bright and Early Book! Gwen the hen has laid her eggs, but just how many is anyone's guess. For now, she's quite content to sit and wait for them to hatch. Red Rooster, however, is too excited to wait. As soon as one egg hatches, he struts over to Worm World and buys ONE worm for his ONE new baby chick. Alas, Red returns to find that not ONE new baby chick, but TWO baby chicks have now hatched, requiring a return trip to Worm World. The hijinks continue back and forth until ten eggs have hatched, Red Rooster is ready to plotz, and young readers have learned a thing or two about ONE: counting to ten; TWO: simple addition; THREE: buying and selling; and FOUR: chickens and eggs! With stylized illustrations by Michael Fleming reminiscent of classic Beginner Books, this is a perfect choice for parents looking to teach reading and math to their own little chicks!
Meet Zenon Kar. She's your typical elementary school kid, except she lives on a space station in 2049! These humorous stories about Zenon are all reality-based so kids can easily identify with her situations. In book #3, when an important Earth scientist visits Space Station 9, Zenon agrees to entertain his daughter, Teena. At first Zee's job is easy. Teena seems polite and well behaved. But when the adults turn their backs, she changes completely! All Teena cares about is having fun, even if it means breaking all sorts of space station rules. Written and illustrated by the award-winning husband-and-wife team who created P. J. Funnybunny and Alistair.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Meet Zenon, a futuristic fifth grader who lives in a space station high above Earth. Her humorous stories are all reality-based, so kids can identify with her situations. In book #2, Zenon is thrilled when she makes the spaceball team! Unfortunately, she's not so good at it. But does that mean she should quit? Created by past recipients of the IRA Classroom Choice Award.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.