"Finally, I knelt by my bed, risking rejection by the One who counted most. ..." Marion Duckworth was young when her mentally ill father was institutionalized. In her child's mind she concluded,Daddy decided to leave me. Growing up in poverty as "Crazy Izzie's daughter," Marion believed she was someone worth abandoning. It would be years before Marion realized that her Father God would never stop caring for her. As she writes, "God's love healed the wounds created by abandonment. All through the pain, He created golden moments in my plain book of days-signs that He is my very own Father. " Naked on God's Doorstepis the story of life in a Coney Island tenement, a cockroach-infested Manhattan apartment, and an apartment above a tavern. It's the story of pennies saved in sewing machine drawers, of a startling midnight on the beach, and of a many-windowed living room where miracles happened. It's a story of longing to be safe someday. It's a story of hope. Marion weaves her own story of her redemption with the stories of others, sharing practical helps as well. The result is a journey of healing that guides us all in transforming pain from the past into something beautiful. This story is for anyone who needs to know that God will never leave. ... From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.