- Table View
- List View
Living Well Beyond Breast Cancer: A Survivor's Guide for When Treatment Ends and the Rest of Your Life Beginsby Marisa C. Weiss Ellen Weiss
This fully revised and updated edition of "Living Beyond Breast Cancer," fromone of the country's leading breast cancer activists and experts, contains animpressive depth and breadth of essential information.
The real facts about your "girls" and how to take care of them "Well, all my friends think they will never have breasts--and it's not funny--because a lot of girls feel this way. " --Elena, 13 "I went up two sizes over summer break! I started seventh grade with a 'C' cup. Then my breasts got weird pink stripes on the side. What happened?" --Veronica, 12 Girls are as anxious and confused about their breasts as ever. That's why Marisa Weiss, M. D. , an oncologist and breast health specialist, and her teenage daughter, Isabel, decided to createTaking Care of Your "Girls. "Together, they polled more than three thousand girls and their moms and came up with a surprisingly huge list of worries and misconceptions. Based on their research, you'll get answers to questions like: * How do I know when I need to get my first bra--and what kind should I get? * Do big breasts have a higher risk of breast cancer than small ones? * How do I get rid of stretch marks? * When will my breasts stop growing? * How do I examine my own breasts? * Will the size of my breasts even out? * Do tanning, antiperspirants, wearing a bra at night, and talking on a cell phone cause breast cancer? A groundbreaking book for both mothers and daughters,Taking Care of Your "Girls"is a practical guide to breast care and a girl-to-girl conversation about the feelings and emotions that come with the territory. "This all-in-one, indispensable breast health guide captures exactly what teen girls and their moms really need: practical, easy-to-read, great advice. It's one of the best gifts you can give to your girl. " --Harvey Karp, M. D. , F. A. A. P. , author ofThe Happiest Toddler on the Block, board member of Healthy Child, Healthy World
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.