- Table View
- List View
From the book: "Hey, Garfield, listen to this," said Jon as he was reading the newspaper. "It says here a woman was cleaning out her attic and discovered a chest full of treasure worth a million dollars !" Garfield's ears immediately perked up. "Wow! That sure would buy a lot of donuts!" said Garfield. "Who knows? There might even be treasure in our attic," joked Jon. "No one's been up there in ages-except maybe some spiders." Garfield cringed at the mere thought of those creepy creatures. "I'll tell you what," said Jon. "If you and Odie will clean out the attic while I'm visiting Aunt Lola, you can keep whatever treasure you find. And if you don't find anything, well, at least we'll have a nice clean room."
Garfield wants a automatic back scratcher and spider wacker, really badly, but he doesn't have the money to buy it. He begs for the money, tries to steal it, and finally works for it. But he has to make a big decision should he buy the Back scratcher or buy a present for Odie's Birthday?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.