- Table View
- List View
This book has been designed as a basic text for students in wood technology classes at the high school, vocational school, and community junior college levels.It will also be helpful to those in apprenticeship training and to do-it-yourselfers who wish to undertake building or remodeling projects.
Carpentry & Building Construction retains its focus as an essential text for students of carpentry and general wood technology. This edition maintains a detailed coverage of wood framing techniques.
Help students learn about today's woodworking techniques and tools with Glencoe Wood Technology and Processes! Comprehensive content with basic and advanced woodworking operations offers clear instructions and a strong illustration program. The Woodworkers Handbook identifies tools and materials used in woodworking; Advanced Woodworking Techniques offers advanced techniques for the experienced woodworker. Academic Integration is provided in every chapter with Math and Science features. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced projects from Better Homes and Gardens® Wood Magazine provide projects using skills learned in the text. Projects include a compact disc tower, a drafting/reference center, a birdhouse in the round, a doghouse, and more, giving your students practical, enjoyable experiences working with wood!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.