- Table View
- List View
This wide-ranging guide to Asian treasures provides you with the information you need to catalog and evaluate your collection. Each section includes historical backgrounds, current values, and detailed descriptions of plethora of objects ranging from apparel and textiles, rugs and carpets, Chinese porcelain and pottery, to furniture, paintings, Japanese armor and weaponry, and Southeast Asian ceramics.
This edition of McCoy contains essential identifying details and descriptions for everything from McCoy-made cookie jars and crocks to planters, vases and flower pots. The compact size provides access to facts and photos for inspection during auctions, shows, estate sales, flea markets, without being too cumbersome to tote. Inside the pages of this go-to-guide is an impressive collection of vibrant color photos, updated prices, makers marks, company history, and market trends.
The clean design and bright colors of the Fiesta dinnerware line (first introduced by the Homer Laughlin Co. in 1936) caught the fancy of housewives everywhere, revolutionizing the market for tableware in the United States. Though originally offered in just five colors - red, ivory, cobalt, blue, yellow, and green - the number and variety of hues blossomed to include turquoise, rose, gray, forest green, chartreuse, and medium green - one of the most popular and valuable. When the Fiesta line was reintroduced in 1986, after a hiatus from 1937 to 1985, collecting interest surged again. The passion for the vintage colors was reignited, and the line's new colors, including periwinkle, cinnabar and sunflower, created a stir amid a new generation of collectors. From the best of the old to the latest and greatest modern colors of the new, Warman's Fiesta Ware provides comprehensive expert advice and up-to-date pricing for the line that lent distinction to the plainest table. With more than 1,000 eye-appealing photographs, this colorful story is well told by author Mark F. Moran.
Demanding high price tags, the superior work of the fine French artisan Rene Lalique is not only breathtakingly beautiful, but highly collectible--synonymous with fine luxurious art glass worldwide. From the strikingly bold and original Art Nouveau and art deco styles of Rene Lalique, and those of Cristallerie Lalique after his death, this full-color guide presents the refined figurines, vases, and lamps as well as the clocks, ashtrays, and tableware and boudoir accessories of a continuing legacy. Complete with a biography of Rene Lalique, and an overview of his work, this book is the essential guide to Lalique glass for high-end collectors, antique dealers, and glass enthusiasts. Antiques dealer and author, Mark F. Moran has compiled large clear photographs of exquisite pieces and essential accurate up-to-date prices and presents them here in full-color.
*Exciting new series from Warman's - - the champion of collectibles references *Rich earthy colors allow Roseville pieces to match almost any decorating pallet *Routinely featured at high-profile collectibles auctions This vibrant companion guide for collectors on the go is as informative as it is portable. Readers will find current prices and detailed descriptions to help them make savvy collecting decisions. Built on the success of the larger Warmans'sreg; Roseville Pottery reference, this book: *Covers the intriguing evolution of Roseville, from humble beginnings to internationally recognized collectible category *Features authoritative pricing and 1,100 superb color photos useful in identifying and assessing collections, and wish list items *Teaches collectors how to spot Roseville fakes and forgeries in the marketplace, and avoid costly purchase errors Perfectly portable and priced right, Roseville Pottery, is the best companion collectors can have.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.