- Table View
- List View
History of Western Civilization untl 1715
In planning Civilization in the West, the authors' aim was to write a book that students would want to read.
Civilization in the West blends social and political history into a fascinating narrative that brings history to life. The authors tell a compelling story of Western Civilization that is enhanced by an image-based approach. "The Visual Record" chapter openers draw students in by illustrating a dominant theme of the chapter and exploring the dramatic changing contours of the West through standard maps, Map Discovery features and Geographical Tours of Europe. Discovering Western Civilization Online end-of-chapter Web site URLs make this the first Western Civilization book to include these resources.
Read the voices of the past to connect with the present. " "Kishlansky presents a well-balanced selection of readings that integrate coverage of social, economic, religious and cultural history within a traditional, political framework. "Sources of the West" includes documents on political theory, philosophy, imaginative literature and social history as well as constitutional documents, all of which raise significant issues for classroom discussions or lectures. By reading the voices of the past, readers can connect them to the present and learn to understand and respect other cultures while thinking critically about history. Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab at no extra charge, please visit www. MySearchLab. com or use ISBN: 9780205098569.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.