- Table View
- List View
Hitch a ride through time on the Danger Boy adventures! These rich, action-filled fantasies about a reluctant time-traveler and his unusual sidekicks will keep readers on the edge of their seats. The year is 2019, and a secret government agency is forcing Eli's dad to continue with his time-travel experiments, even though Eli's mom has just disappeared in one. Now Eli has a ridiculous new code name -- and a gravely important mission. In DANGER BOY: ANCIENT FIRE, a lab accident sends Eli sprawling through the Fifth Dimension, where he hooks up with the amiable Clyne, an evolved dinosaur from an alternate Earth who just wants to finish his homework. Clyne's timeship lands them in ancient Alexandria, Egypt, just as a great fire rages through the city and the girl scientist Thea is fleeing an angry mob who thinks she's a witch. As if that's not enough, in the present-day world, a deadly pox is on the loose, and bizarre things are starting to happen to the fabric of time itself.
Danger Boy is back! With the deadly slow pox spreading, the time-traveling trio hurtle back to Jerusalem circa 583 BCE. After another close call, the good news is that Eli Sands, aka Danger Boy, is back in San Francisco in 2020. The bad news is that Eli and his friends, Clyne the evolved dinosaur and Thea the Alexandrian scholar, are being held captive by the government agency DARPA. Since their last foray into the Fifth Dimension, it seems history has been unraveling everywhere, and the deadly slow pox virus is spreading fast. DARPA's plan is for Eli to visit ancient Jerusalem. But Eli and crew discover that the city is in ruins from a Babylonian invasion, and soon an angry mob is ready to stone them. Will Danger Boy and his friends find their way home again?
Hitch a ride through time on the Danger Boy adventures! These rich, action-filled fantasies about a reluctant time-traveler and his unusual sidekicks will keep readers on the edge of their seats. In DANGER BOY: DRAGON SWORD, Eli's time-traveling talent leads him to his missing mother's location: San Francisco at the start of World War II. Unfortunately, Margarite Sands is deeply involved in efforts to keep time-sphere technology away from the enemy, and once again Eli is thrown into the thick of things. He and his fellow time-adventurers, Clyne and Thea, are hurled far into the past, where they find new allies in the legendary King Arthur and his wizard, Merlin. Together, they must do whatever it takes to keep the powerful sword Excalibur from falling into Nazi hands.
Danger Boy and his time-traveling companions are in for some shocking surprises when they meet up with an earlier expedition -- the historical journey of Lewis and Clark. Fresh from a dangerous time-traveling mission, Eli Sands and his friends Clyne, the evolved dinosaur, and Thea, the scholar from Alexandria, are thrown into nineteenth-century America after an accident with their time-travel vessel. Unfortunately, Clyne is stranded alone in potentially hostile territory, while Thea and Eli pop up at the beginning of the famed Lewis and Clark expedition. After Thea is mistaken for an escaped slave and taken into custody, Eli joins Lewis and Clark's Corps of Discovery in hopes of finding Clyne, a means to rescue Thea, and transportation home. While trying to escape and regroup, Eli and his friends make important discoveries about their "accidental" stumble into 1804. It looks like they were lured by a Prime Nexus, which they may have caused, and which will surely change all of history to come.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.