The authors have developed a program that meets the needs of middle grades students, promotes science inquiry, and is aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
This science book covers Animal Behavior, Arthropods, Amphibians, Echinoderms, Sponges, Birds, Cnidarians, Reptiles, Mammals, Mollusks, Worms and Fishes. It also provides lab activities in every chapter.
The ancient Egyptians were among the first people to study the stars. The study of the moon, stars and other objects in space is called astronomy. Ancient astronomers also studied the movements of the sun and the moon as they appeared to travel across the sky. It seemed to them as though Earth were standing still and the sun and moon were moving. Actually, the sun and moon seem to move across the sky each day mainly because Earth is rotating on its axis.
Ancient astronomers studied the movements of the sun and the moon as they appeared to travel across the sky. It seemed to them as though Earth was standing still and the sun and moon were moving. Actually, the sun and moon seem to move across the sky each day because Earth is rotating on its axis. Earth also moves around the sun. Earth moves through space in two major ways: rotation and revolution.
This is a children's textbook on cells and heredity. It covers cell composition, structure and functions. In addition it explains genetics and heredity. The student is also provided with lab practical and field tests for better understanding.
A majestic oak tree shades you on a sunny day at the park. A lumbering rhinoceros wanders over to look at you at the zoo. After a rain storm, mushroom sprout in the damp woods. What do think an oak tree, a rhinoceros, and a mushroom have in common? You might say that they are all living things. What makes these living things--and all other living things--alike? If you say they are made of cell, you are correct.
This is a science book designed for middle graders. It covers cell and heredity science, technology, lab practical and skills.
This book of Prentice Hall Science Explorer specializing on Cells and Heredity contains chapters on Cell Structure and Function, Cell Processes and Energy, Genetics: The Science of Heredity, Modern Genetics, and Changes Over Time.
Assists the student learn about cells and heredity through summaries, study worksheets, note-taking skills and graphic organizers.
This book contains chapters on Introduction to Matter, Solids, Liquids, and Gases, Elements and the Periodic Table and Exploring Materials. Interdisciplinary Exploration Gold--The Noble Metal, Reference Section, Skills Handbook and Activities and Labs are additional features.
A chemistry environment textbook that includes Solids, Liquids, and Gases, Elements and the Periodic Table, Exploring Materials, Reference Section, Activities, Labs, etc.
This book contains chapters on Atoms and Bonding, Chemical Reactions, Acids, Bases, and Solutions and Carbon Chemistry. Reference Section, Skills Handbook, Activities and Lab Zone are additional features of this book.
Science textbook for middle-schoolers focusing on chemistry.
Science textbook on chemical interactions.
Earth science is the term for this knowledge about Earth and its place in the universe. Earth scientists use several big ideas to guide their work: the structure of the Earth system, Earth's history, and Earth in the solar system.
How do scientists study something as large as the solar system or as tiny as an atom? One tool they use is a model. Models help scientists picture things that are difficult to see or understand. In this chapter project, you will create a three-dimensional model of a building or a room.
The textbook contains unit lessons on: Exploring Planet Earth, Inside Earth, Earth's Changing Surface, Earth's Waters, Weather and Climate, and Astronomy and includes Reference Section, Skills Handbook, etc.
This textbook contains chapters on Mapping Earth's Surface, Weathering and Soil Formation, Erosion and Deposition, A Trip Through Geologic Time. Interdisciplinary Exploration and Reference Section are additional features.
This textbook is about earth's waters such as oceans, fresh water, water resources etc.
Science textbook about electromagnetism with labs.
The first step in making environmental decisions is to understand how humans interact with the environment. Environmental science is the study of the natural processes that occur in the environment and how humans can affect them. When people make decisions about environmental issues, the information provided by environmental scientists is a starting point. The next step is to decide what to do with the information. But environmental decisions also involve discussions of values, not just facts and figures. Environmental decisions usually require considering many different points of view. Most of these viewpoints fall into one of these three categories: development, preservation, or conservation.
Science textbook, focusing on our environment, for middle school students.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.