The book is more of a summary and contains questions at the end of each section. It also entails graphic charts, tables and note-taking steps.
Textbook on earth science, for California students.
Focus On Life educates middle grade students about cells, evolution, living things and human body systems.
This book meets the needs of middle grades students, promotes science inquiry, and is aligned with the National Science Education Standards.
This book is an introduction to human anatomy and physiology. It goes in to great detail about what each body part does.
Science textbook for middle schoolers, focusing on human biology and health.
This book covers what kids need to know about anatomy and the functions of each body part.
The book contains chapters on Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Minerals, Rocks, Gold, etc. Reference Section Skills Handbook Inquiry Activities Sharpen your Skills and Skills Lab are additional features of this book.
This book contains topics including Focus on Faults (Plate Tectonics ; Earthquakes; Volcanoes; Minerals; Rocks), Interdisciplinary Exploration; Gold--The Noble Metal, etc.) The book also includes Reference Section, Skills Handbook and Activities.
Science textbook that explores everything inside the Earth.
Science is both a way of learning about the natural world and the knowledge gained in that process. This body of knowledge is always growing and changing as scientists explore new ideas. Another term for the many ways in which scientists study the world around them is scientific inquiry.
Middle school textbook focusing on life science.
This textbook on Life Science deals with Cells and Heredity, From Bacteria to Plants, Animals, Human Biology and Health and Ecology and includes Reference Section, Sharpen your Skills, Science at Home, Interdisciplinary Activities, Visual exploration of concepts, etc.
Textbook on physics of motion, forces and energy for middle school students. In addition to the science content this book makes connections to social studies and the arts. This textbook is not just filled with dull facts and equations, but includes many hands-on activities.
Topics covered in this book are Motion, Forces, Forces in Fluids, Work and Machines, Energy and Power, Thermal Energy and Heat.
Science textbooks that helps students build a strong science foundation and develop a full understanding of the inquiry process.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.