- Table View
- List View
He's the baddest dog in town. A 100% high-steppin', bone-crunchin', cat-chasin' pooch with one small problemo: he has three days to live. Three days left on Death Row at the City Pound for Unwanted Canines. Unless...Unless a big Hollywood agent drops by looking for The Next Big Doggy Thing to appear in a big new action movie.
Bad Dog has three days left in the pound . . . until he's whisked away by the Secret Service. The most powerful man in the world needs a new faithful friend to fill the White House kennel. But as Bad Dog finds, there's more to the President than most people know...
Bad Dog's back in the pound, on Death Row ... unless a Big Cheese from the Outer Space Exploration Agency just happens to need a supersonic spacehound to become the very first mutt on Mars. And they do!
Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? He didn't have the guts! This spooky collection of more than 150 jokes featuring ghastly creatures, ghouls, vampires, and witches would give even a ghost the giggles! Children will love the creepy comedy on every page and will chuckle at the line drawings that illustrate every joke. This book features the best--and the worst--supernatural jokes around!
In Farrago Bay, Australia, thirteen-year-old Sheldon is recruited by a new student, Theo Brain, to help investigate a murder, which is tied not only to bizarre animal behavior but also to a diabolical plot to alter human intelligence.
Having moved to Switzerland, thirteen-year-old Sheldon and his new stepbrother Theo ("The Brain") Brain investigate a mystery involving particle physics, Swiss cheese, a missing truck driver, and a carnivorous cuckoo clock.
Somewhere in the small, dull town of Blue Hills, the impossible is happening. Inanimate objects are coming to life. Time travellers from the future are mingling unnoticed with the shoppers in the high street. School children are developing uncanny powers. Strange creatures are lurking within the grounds of a forgotten stately home. And with each of these mysteries comes a terrible threat that just might endanger the entire world...Fortunately, help with these extraordinary phenomena is at hand in the form of Gabby Grayling and Barney Watkins aka Geek Inc.! Gabby and Barney are set to investigate all the odd happenings in their town and find out the truth... In the first book in the series, Barney and Gabby meet and form a friendship when they investigate a top secret Government technology that brings inanimate objects to life. They also have to contend with the evil machinations of Gloria Pickles, the terrifying eleven year old editor of the school newspaper and would-be dictator.
What do you do if you see a space man? Park in it, dude, and don't forget to put money in the meteor! Just in time for the 40th anniversary of the Apollo Moon landing, here is an out-of-this-world collection of more than 150 jokes. With funny black-and-white illustrations on every page and a price point that's right for every pocketbook, this hilarious collection is sure to send young jokesters right over the moon.
This collection of more than 100 disgusting jokes is sure to gross you out and make you giggle. Prepare to laugh until you feel sick! "Why did the toilet paper roll down the hill? To get to the bottom!"
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.